Sunday, April 15, 2007

Spending money, and packing.

Yesterday, I went and spent more money. I am finding that there are a lot of things to buy, even with a new house, and I have been very thankful for my diligent savings over the years. It is so much less stressful to spend money I have.

I bought a locking mailbox, a hose, a water wand and a rack to more compactly hold some dishes. I did not get to buy everything on my list, so my two whiskey barrels, electrical conduit, casters and spray paint will have to wait for another day.

I also packed yesterday. Up until yesterday morning, I managed to pack 12 boxes. I did another five in the time between coming home from shopping and leaving for the play I went to yesterday with the MAunts. So I am up to 17. We shall see how many boxes there are this time. I am guessing 40.

Right now, I am procrastinating packing. I have about 2.5 hours until I get ready for church. We shall see how many boxes I can finish in that time.

In old house (current apartment) news, the runners doing the Race for the Roses are jogging by as I type. In our current place, we have seen many races go by, including the Portland Marathon. I enjoy race days, as I love to watch the procession of runners, but right now there are some very enthusiastic people cheering and they woke Matt up. He is a bit grumpy. Oh well, this is most likely the last time we have a race run by our house.

1 comment:

Shawn S. said...

Oh the joy of packing. WE keep thinking of moving to a new place when our lease is up in August....but then we remember the joy of packing and we think....maybe another year here isn't so bad! -Sara