Sunday, May 6, 2007

Cleaning

After we moved, we cleaned out the old place. I love doing the final cleaning before turning in the keys. First of all, it's usually pretty easy, because all the stuff is at the new place. Secondly, I always like to imagine the landlord coming in to the apartment I've scrubbed so well, and saying to himself, "This is amazingly clean! I won't even have to hire a cleaning service." The fact that I have no idea what happens to the apartment after I leave helps to perpetuate this fantasy.

So Matt and I scrubbed and scrubbed and vacuumed, etc. and we took one final picture before we left the fortress of solitude.

1 comment:

Shawn S. said...

I love this picture!!! :)

In Boise, when we lived in the former Basque boarding house across the street from the Cathedral, it was owned and run by a family that we knew. After we got married we moved from a small one bedroom to a bit bigger one bedroom apt that was just the next door over. I cleaned that apartment so well, and my landlord, Rosie, told me as much! She said that she had never seen one that was cleaner. The family was so thankful because they did not have to do it themselves. So, there is an addition to your myth of apartment cleansing.