Thursday, May 3, 2007

We're back.

Hey, we’re hooked up again! Ah, what was life like before the Internet?
It’s been a while since I rapped at ya, but a lot has happened.
We got our DSL from Spirit One. They’re a tad cheaper and they’re very helpful, compared to Qwest. Unfortunately, three of our phone jacks and one of our plugs don’t work. We’re going to have to get those fixed during the 30-day warranty.
I’ve been exploring the neighborhood in training for an upcoming event. I’ve found the North Portland Tool Library, the local police station, a boxing gym (don’t worry, my neck has been feeling too good to subject it to that again), a park, a playground, the nearest library, a day care center (just in case we change what we’ve been saying for the past 5 years about having children), and the general direction of the speedway. Pretty slick.
I love the backyard. It’s very pleasant to sit out in the backyard and read. Well, there are the mosquitoes. But we’re either going to solve that with citronella candles or bats. (Mosquitoes are a superstitious, cowardly lot. So our defense must be able to strike terror into their hearts. We must harbor creatures of the night. Black. Terrible. We shall host BATS!; No one’s going to get that reference…)
I think we’re pretty unpacked. I’m even getting used to the new sounds in the house.

1 comment:

Shawn S. said...

Yay!!! Welcome back! I am glad to hear that you are settling in to the house and exploring all of the neighborhood. Any cute little grocery stores (or big ones for that matter) in walking distance?

I can't wait to see more pics - oh hint, hint! -Sara